Whether fighting off the sickies or in need of an energy boost, Jamu is a powerful un-slumping potion that does absolute wonders! It’s recipe originates from Indonesia, that contains some of nature’s most powerful healers - turmeric, ginger and citrus fruits. Jamu is an intensely potent, energising, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting elixir, full of nutrients and antioxidants, and boasting a ton of health benefits...
Traditionally, Jamu is made from natural ingredients including roots, flowers, seeds, leaves and fruits.
These days, the most common form of Jamu is turmeric Jamu...
1/2 cup - Fresh Turmeric
3/4 cup - Fresh Ginger
2 - Limes (juice)
2 - Oranges (juice)
1/4 tsp - Black Pepper
2 tbsp - Honey / Maple Syrup
800ml - Water
Note: If you cant find fresh turmeric, replace with 3 tbsp ground turmeric)
1. Place 400ml of water with your roughly chopped turmeric, ginger and black pepper into a powerful blender and blitz for 1 minute.
2. Add remaining 400ml of water to your mix and bring it all to a boil. Reduce down to low heat and simmer for 10mins.
3. Add your choice of sweetener along with lime and orange juice and give it all a good stir
4. Strain mixture into a pot using a sieve.
5. You can serve hot from here or cover and leave to cool before chilling to enjoy cold.
Jamu juice should last about 1 week in the fridge. Just make sure to store it in an airtight jar and give it a good stir or shake before serving!